1 chopped Onion
4 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 can of Kidney beans
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1. Spiralise the courgette
2. Gently simmer the onion and garlic in olive oil
3. Mash up half of the kidney beans in a bowl and add to the pan along with remainng beans.
4. Add a good dash of balsamic and salt/pepper.
5. Add the courgette and cover all ingredients with the passata.
6. Allow to simmer until thick, add in the full cherry tomatoes a few minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with basil leaves and flaked almonds.
I stopped eating meat after a road trip across the USA nearly 10 years ago. I had been eating fast food for 3 months on the road and felt like the trash I had been consuming. I flew to Australia from LA and as soon as the plane landed, I made a decision to consciously cut meat out from my diet. I continued to eat fish and dairy, before too long, the thought of meat never really entered my mind, I was over it.
However, my diet still wasn’t great. I was eating a lot of processed foods still and under...